Microcut BASIC is designed to automate backgauge movement on any paper cutter, regardless of brand or size. The benefits include increased productivity, greater accuracy, and improved reliability.
Unique Model Features:
• LCD graphical display with built-in user's guide prompting operator through all operations
• 4000 cut locations with 6-character job selection
• For all size paper cutters
microcut BASIC is designed to automate backgauge movement on any paper cutter, regardless of brand or size. The benefits include increased productivity, greater accuracy, and improved reliability.
A large, multilingual, liquid crystal display guides the operator through all programming operations. Setup is fast and simple, with no complicated codes to memorize or reference. The current backgauge position is clearly displayed in inches, centimeters or millimeters, depending on operator preference.
microcut BASIC moves the backgauge into the correct position faster and more accurately than skilled manual operation. The confidence of computer-controlled precision translates into significant increases in productivity - often 50% and more. The system's patented DC servo drive assures mechanical repeatability of the backgauge position to ± .002 inch (.05 mm) regardless of leadscrew wear.
microcut BASIC memorizes cutting sequences instantly, stores them indefinitely, and recalls them at the touch of a button. The system frees the operator from the wasted time and risk of error associated with repetitive manual positioning. The ability to automatically program a job while cutting the first lift turns setup time into productive time, making automation effective for even two and three lift jobs.
Keyboard entry and review of programs is quick and easy. Advanced programming options include label and sheet divide, allowing complicated jobs to be programmed with only a few data entries. Fractions, lay changes, additions, or deletions can be easily entered through the keyboard. Non-volatile memory insures data retention.
A proprietary power console accepts a broad range of voltages, 50 or 60 Hz, and has an optional provision for control of air on the cutter table.
Many paper cutters already have some form of automatic backgauge control, but may have become difficult and expensive to maintain. These machines are generally sound mechanically and, with the addition of microcut BASIC, can quickly and easily be returned to a high level of productivity and reliability for a fraction of the cost of a new machine.
All microcut® systems are designed for ease of operation and years of trouble-free service. In the unlikely event service is required, on-board diagnostics, together with modular construction and plug-in connectors, insure Microsystem's ability to provide timely and responsive after-sale support
• Modular, solid state circuitry
• Patented independent DC motor drive
• Microprocessor-controlled, infinitely variable backgauge drive
• Repeatability of backgauge position to +/-.002 inches (.05 mm)
• Automatic backgauge return
• Operator-defined inch or metric display
• Program entry or correction, through the keyboard with the backgauge stationary or while cutting the lift
• Automatic computation and entry of fractions
• Insertion or deletion of commands from existing programs
• Stock eject, turnaround, loading points and job information
• Infinite lay compensate mode for as many sides as requested
• Non-volatile memory�no batteries required for memory support
• Optional auxiliary controls for air and/or brake
• Minimum trim cut: .002 inch (.05 mm)
• Speed range: 24 - 960 inches per minute, both forward and reverse, depending on size and condition of cutter
• Self-diagnostic electronics
• Electrical: 85 - 265 VAC, 50/60 Hz @ 1 KVA
• Warranted for one year from date of shipment against defects in parts and workmanship