25 inch width. A commercial evolution on medium-duty laminator, designed for commercial applications setting a benchmark for quality, durability and reliability. 2 year factory warranty.
An evolution in medium-duty laminators
Commercial users needing quality of finished lamination, variable speed to 10 fpm, digital controls for temperature control, inline slitters, forced air cooling, rubber rolls are spring loaded and preset for even laminating pressure. Reverse switch on motor and pressure release control on rollers making it easier to clear film. Maximum film gage 10 mil, maximum laminating thickness 1/8 inch.
The Premier 4 represents an evolution in medium-duty laminators, because it was designed exclusively for commercial applications, and because it sets a new benchmark for quality.
Whether it's judged by appearance, by ease-of-use, by durability and reliability, by the finished lamination, or by overall capabilities, the Premier 4 is unparalleled quality.
Commercial users must have that quality to help them satisfy their customers. The Premier 4 was made specifically for copy shops, print shops, business service centers, laminating services, school supply stores, sign/banner shops, in-house graphics departments, and other commercial users with similar needs.
Premier 4 Standard Features
Standard features that contribute to the superb quality and versatility of the Premier 4 include:
Premier 4 Options
- Variable Speed: Operates at any speed up to 10 feet per minute. Thicker films are generally applied better at mid-range to lower speeds, while 1.5 mil film should be applied at mid-range to higher speeds.
- Digital thermometer and temperature control: Makes it easy to set and maintain the right temperature. The digital indicator light flashes as the machine warms up. At set temperature the indicator light stops flashing and a ready light comes on.
- Simple controls: Membrane switches provide a compact, reliable control pad. Icons and international symbols are used for controls and safety warnings so that understanding operation of the laminator is "intuitive" and not language dependent.
- Slitters: Experts know the value of slitters for laminating a quantity of same-size sheets. The slitters remove the side scrap from both sides of each sheet as it goes through the laminator. This greatly reduces the amount of time required for trimming.
- Glitch-proof threading: Threading can be the most difficult aspect of using a laminator, so the Premier 4 has built-in threading aids. The top idler is guarded from the top heat shoe for safety and easy threading. The bottom idler is attached to the feed tray. Once the upper and lower webs of film have been run through the machine, bottom idler threading is automatic when the operator puts the feed tray on the machine.
- Forced air cooling: Allows laminating with thicker films. Without a cooling system, thicker films will warp or ripple because they are still too hot when they come out the back of the laminator. With its four fans, the Premier 4 has a more effective cooling system than any other machine in its class.
- Ease of cleaning: The silicone rubber rollers and the heat shoes of a laminator should be cleaned regularly. The upper heat shoe on the Premier 4 swings away in seconds, making it far easier to clean the laminating rollers and the shoes.
- Attached safety shield: The polycarbonate shield is clear so operators can see their work. It does not conduct heat so they'll be protected from hot areas. It's fixed to the machine and placed so they'll naturally put it in the guard position before laminating.
- Lamination pressure: The rubber rollers are spring-loaded and preset to ensure correct and even lamination pressure. The pressure is easy to adjust if required.
- Supply roll tension: Simple knobs give operators the control they need to get wrinkle-free lamination ... just tighten to increase tension, loosen to decrease tension.
- Ease of maintenance: Like the Premier III, the Premier 4 is made to last. However, some items on a laminator do wear out. Even the high-quality silicone rubber used in the rollers loses flexibility over time. Extensive use may wear out the rollers, or an operator may cut a roller by accident. Rollers and other key parts can be changed quickly without dissembling the frame.
- Reverse: Can be invaluable at times to help avoid problems or clear miss-feeds.
- Pressure release control: Makes it easier to clear film and allows the rollers to turn during warm-up.
- Right and left adjustable feed guides.
- Made in the U.S.A. All parts, even motors and controls, are made here too!
- Roll feed tray: When laminating a very long item such as a banner, it is just about impossible to feed it in perfectly straight by hand. By rolling it up on an empty laminating film roll core and putting that core on the roll feed tray, laminating the longest item becomes relatively easy. The roll feed tray is especially helpful for the owners of poster printers, plotters, banner makers and other digital output devices.
- Footage Counter: For measuring film usage in feet. Also available in a metric version.
- Dust cover: Helps keep the machine clean while not in use, making an inexpensive contribution to good preventive maintenance.
With a Premier 4 . . . you can preserve and protect:
||Dry Erase Charts
|Max. lamination width
||Up to 25"
||32L 11H 16D
||37L 18H 16D
||0 - 10 feet per minute
||110 V (220 V optional)
|Max. film gauge
|Max. laminating thickness
|Max. film roll diameter
|Max film capacity
||with 1.5 mil - 1000 feet
with 3 mil - 500 feet
|Lam. roll diameter
|Film core size